Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP)
SVEEP is the flagship program of the Election Commission of India for voter education, spreading voter awareness and promoting voter literacy in India.
Nodal SVEEP- Dr. Nagendra Pal, Asst. Prof., Department of Political Science
- To educate the targeted populations about voter registration, electoral process and related matters through hands on experience
- To facilitate EVM and VVPAT familiarization and education about the robustness of EVM as well as the integrity of the electoral process using EVMs
- To help the target audience understand the value of their vote and exercise their right to franchise in a confident, comfortable and ethical manner.
- To harness the potential of ELC members for carrying the electoral literacy in communities.
- To facilitate voter registration for its eligible members who are not yet registered.
- To develop a culture of electoral participation and maximize the informed and
- Each year to mark the National Voters Day (25th January) our College organises awareness programs such as Slogan writing, Students rally, Speech competition, nukkad nataks, poster making and follow the themes enumerated by the Election Commission- ‘Every vote counts’, ‘No Voter to be ‘Left Behind’ and “Nothing like voting and I vote for sure”.
- At the start of each academic session, the first semester and third semester undergraduate students (who will attain voting age of 18 years) are targeted to fill (Form 06) so they acquire their EPIC cards. Time and again special drives are also organised with the collaboration of administration for voters cards.